Friday, December 11, 2009
Just a quick blog post to let you know about some fun classes we have coming up in January. We are offering a great 2011 calendar class on January 16th from 1-4pm. We will be using lots of the latest products from a new Canadian company...Harmonie, as well as, the latest Bo Bunny line...Snowy Serenade. You can see the sample of the calendar in this post. You can find all the information about the class here.
Stephanie will also be offering an all occasion card class on January 23rd from 1-4pm. The cost of the class is $15 and includes 5 cards with envelopes. You will be able to view samples in the store soon.
One last thing...we have also received the latest issue of Scrapbook and Cards today and it is available here at the store free with every purchase.
Monday, November 30, 2009
We spent the day talking, laughing, eating, make n'taking and more with a group of about 50 lovely ladies. It was nice catching up with some familiar faces and also meeting lots of new ones as well.
Here is a quick picture of almost everyone who attended the crop...courtesy of Judy B.
Thanks again everyone for a great day.
Friday, November 27, 2009
So without further delay....here is what we created this week. Here is our card that we created from the sketch that we provided on Tuesday. We used the latest Bo Bunny papers from the Snowy Serenade line, Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls to create this card. I love how it turned out.
For Karen's teacher gifts blog...we altered a compostition book that we picked up at the Dollar store. We covered it with patterned paper, added some flowers, ribbon and rub-ons. Hopefully, my daughter's teacher will get some use out of it and will enjoy the candy (see below) that goes with it.
Lastly, using Judy's wrapping blog as inspiration, here is what we created. We used our Pazzle machine to cut out this cute little box. We wrapped some Christmas candy in some cellophane with ribbon and put that into the box. We embellished with some cardstock, flowers and ribbon. I love how this one turned out too.
Don't forget to check out Karen's blog and In A Pinch Designs blog to see what they created this week. And you can also blog hop to see what everyone else has created. The list will be posted on Karen's blog. I hope everyone enjoyed this week of Christmas creativity....I know I did.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Well, the blog hop is almost over now and I have to say it's been a fun week. In a Pinch posted today's crafty Christmas idea and it's all about the wrapping. You can read their post here.You can also check out Karen's blog for a great way to make your own paper bow.
For the last 4 years I have participated in a cookie exchange with some of my scrapbooking friends. Judy's blog has inspired me to get extra creative this year when wrapping my baked goodies. I'm not going to use the usual tin or box that I have used in the past...I think I'm going to try and get a little more creative using some of my Christmas paper scraps.
Don't forget to check back on Friday for all of the reveals and make sure Karen has your information if you are planning on participating in the blog hop.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Don't forget to come back to our blog on Friday to see what we created. And if you are participating in the blog hop, please make sure that Karen has your information so that she can add you to the official blog hop list.
You can also check out Judy and Sheri over at In A Pinch Designs to see what they are creating.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Don't forget to email Karen to have her add your name to the official blog hop list if you are going to participate. Here is a little sneak peak of what we did with our sketch. Come back on Friday for the full reveal along with the reveals for the rest of the week's challenges.
I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone creates with the sketch.
Monday, November 23, 2009
So in the spirit of their post, Karen and I have decided to also blog about our own Christmas traditions. Check out the Go Scrapping blog to read Karen's post.
Like most families with children....we do the letter to Santa, reindeer food and, of course, milk and cookies for Santa. But recently, our family started a new Christmas tradition and it is quickly becoming one of my favourites.
A few years ago we bought our girls their own little Christmas tree. We let them pick out their own ornaments, colour theme (silver, blue and white), topper etc. They were both so excited and decided right away it would go in their room. As much as they enjoy helping us to decorate the family tree, they really love getting to decorate their very own from beginning to end.
Why is this my favourite tradition....because like most siblings, my two girls can pretty much disagree with each other about anything and everything. But for those few hours it takes them to put up their tree...there are no disagreements or arguements. They are united in their mission to make their tree look beautiful and it's a joy to watch them do it.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Go Scrapping, In A Pinch Designs, and I thought we would get together to bring you a Crafty Christmas Blog Hop starting MONDAY and running each day next week until we all get together at Go Scrapping's Day Crop in Cambridge next weekend!!!
Karen posted this on her blog so I thought I would copy it here! Karen is the unofficial record keeping blog organizer so, if you have any questions, please contact her by email. I know she'd be happy to help.
It's going to be fun!
Here's what's happening: We'd love you to stop by our blogs each day next week and join the fun! We'll have some scrapliftable things to do to get ready for our favourite time of year, Christmas! There will be Christmas cards, decorations, gift giving ideas.... one new item each day. And then, on Friday we'll have a BLOG HOP which means that we'll post links to participating blogs so that people can go from blog to blog to see what we all did with the ideas. Sound fun? :) If you'd like to participate (and yes, some small prizes just may be involved *nudge nudge, wink wink*) send me (Karen) an email to let me know you'd like to participate and I will add your blog or photo site to the Blog Hop list.
So, plan on spending a few minutes each day checking our blogs and being inspired by lots of ideas. We have a couple of challenges for you, so gather your favorite Christmas scrapbook supplies, and keep your adhesive and trimmer handy and yes,
plan to use it! I can't wait to get started next week!!
Looking forward to next week!! Santa's coming to the mall starting this weekend and Christmas music will playing... I'll already be getting in the mood!!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
- Your full information...this includes name, address, phone number, email address.
- Tell us about yourself, your scrapbook style, why you started and why you want to be apart of this design team
- You must submit the following: Three 12x12 layouts...one of which must be a two page layout. One altered project and three cards. All entries should feature products currently carried by Simply Scrapping. **These projects must all be your own original work.**
- Any prior or current design team experience that you have.
- Names and links of any online galleries or blogs where we can view your work.
- You must complete 4 projects each month. Three of these must be layouts and one of the three layouts must be a two page layout. One of the three layouts must also come with a set of instructions. The fourth item can be an altered item or a set of two cards. These items must be dropped off at the store by the end of each month so that we may showcase them in the store for a one month period. After which they will be returned to you. You must also upload them to our website Design Team gallery by the end of the month.
- You must become an active member of our message board by posting new threads, responding to active threads and leaving comments in the member galleries. You will also be required to post challenges on the message board. These challenges will be posted on a rotating basis. You must also participate in the challenges posted by your fellow design team members.
- You will be required to participate in store events...such as anniversary sales, Scrapfest etc....by running make n' takes or just manning the booth. Each member must be available for a minimum of 4 hours for these events. You will not be required to attend the events for the entire day.
- You must commit to the entire 6 month term of the contract which will run from January 1, 2010 to June 30, 2010.
- You must be an exclusive member of the Simply Scrapping Design Team for the length of the contract. And all projects created for the design team must also be exclusive to the Simply Scrapping messageboard and online gallery for the length of the contract.