Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 13: For the Love of Scrapbooking

There are only 2 days left to come in to the store and take advantage of the sale prices that we have offered on some fabulous products. For today's blog post like I'd like to tell you about one of my favourite Ranger products...Glossy Accents. Glossy Accents is a dimensional medium that you can use in many different ways.

It can be used as an adhesive and for this purpose it is absolutely fabulous. It holds down everything...I've even used it to fix broken ceramic ornaments around my house. If you want to add glitter to a project, I find that Glossy Accents is one of the best adhesives out there to use. You do have to be patient and let it dry but once it dries, it holds your glitter in place.

My favourite way to use my glossy accents is to add a little gloss or shine to my chipboard. Whether I've painted or inked naked chipboard OR use ready made chipboard....I love adding Glossy Accents as a top coat. It not only adds a glossy finish but it also adds some dimension. You can do this with other embellishments as well, buttons, stickers, flowers etc.

The final way that I love to use my glossy accents is to add some dimension or shine to patterned papers. If there is a patterned paper that I've picked out and I want to accent some of the images, I just trace them with my glossy accents and it just gives my paper a little extra bit of a pop.

The accents line offered by Ranger also includes a Crackle Accent which is similar to the Glossy Accents only it cracks as it drys. There is also a Sepia Accent, which gives your projects and aged look and a Matte Accent.

Come on in to the store and check out some samples of ways to use the Glossy Accents. You can also pick up any of the Ranger Accents line in the store on sale for $7.50 which is a savings of $2 a bottle. Check back tomorrow where I'll tell you about one of my newer favourite products on the last day of our For the Love of Scrapbooking Sale.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment